117 West 7th Street
H.C. Craig Building
Historical marker text
Built in 1903, this ornate Victorian structure originally housed
the furniture store of Hugh Clifford Craig (1850-1938). Craig
sold his business to local competitor W. H. Davis in 1906, but
retained ownership of the building. In 1936, after the Davis
Furniture Company moved, Craig sold the structure to S.W.
Henderson, who ran a variety store here for many years.
Elaborately designed, the building features iron columns and
pressed metal ornamentation